The Public Appointments Website ("the Website") is a resource on the Internet for people who wish to know about public appointments in Scotland. The Website is accessible to all, from any PC equipped with an appropriate web browser. By using or accessing the Website you are deemed to accept the following Terms and Conditions of use.
- The Website, and the information collected on it, is owned by the Scottish Government ("SG") and is operated by TMP Worldwide, TMP (UK) Ltd Registered Office: Carmelite, 50 Victoria Embankment, Blackfriars, London EC4Y 0DX. Registered in England and Wales No. 5648039 ("TMP Worldwide"). Any data provided by visitors is managed by the SG. The technical services for the Website are provided by TMP Worldwide.
Content of the Website
- The information provided on the Website is not an invitation or recommendation to buy any products or services featured.
- The SG intends to promote uninterrupted access to the Website, but it may be suspended, restricted or terminated without notice at any time.
- The SG and TMP Worldwide reserves the right to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on the Website from time to time.
- Copyright in the material contained in the Website, together with the Website design, text and graphics, and their selection and arrangement belong to the SG and are protected by Crown copyright. All software compilations, underlying source code and software belong to TMP Worldwide
- None of the material in the Website may be reproduced or redistributed without the written permission of the SG. You may, however, download or print a single copy for your own non commercial off-line viewing. Product and company names mentioned on the Website may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Cookies and Website Traffic Analysis
- When users enter the website website their computers will automatically be issued with 'cookies'. Cookies are text files which identify users' computers to the website’s server. The website then creates "session" cookies to store some of the preferences of users moving around the website, e.g. retaining a text-only preference. Cookies in themselves do not identify individual users but identify only the computer used and they are deleted on departure from the website.
Many websites do this to track traffic flows, whenever users visit those websites.
The uses third-party cookies to measure use of the website including number of visitors, how frequently pages are viewed, and the city and country of origin of users. This helps to determine what is popular and can influence future content and development. For this purpose, the website uses Visual Science Real-time Analytics to measure and analyse usage of the website. The information collected by website will include IP Address, pages visited, browser type and operating system.
The data will not be used to identify any user personally
Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user.
- Log files stored on the web server allow the recording and analysis of users' use of the website. Log files do not contain any personal information.
- Personal data will be collected from you when you register with the Website and your personal data will be used to manage your registration. The SG and TMP Worldwide will use your information for the purpose of administering the services in connection with this site. Any personal data you provide on the Website will be treated as confidential and be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles 6 (1) (c) and (e) in compliance with a legal obligation and in pursuit of a task/function.
Reasonable and appropriate measures are taken to ensure that your personal data is protected from unauthorised access or modification, unlawful destruction and improper use. However, the internet is an open system and neither the SG nor TMP Worldwide guarantee that the personal information you have submitted will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
No information provided by you through the Website will be made available to third parties.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on the Website.
- If you opt to subscribe to email updates, the information we collect is: your name and email address.
This information is stored in a SG database to allow us to provide you with details about public appointment vacancies and events. This information is kept securely by SG and will be held until such time as you inform SG otherwise. This information is also stored on back-up tapes to avoid loss of data. Should you wish to opt out from receiving email updates, you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing mailto:email@example.com
Exclusions of liability
- The SG will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the data on the Website is accurate and will correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. The SG does not guarantee that the Website will be fault free and does not accept liability for any errors, inaccuracies or omissions.
- The SG has no liability for any losses or claims arising from inability to access the Website, or from any use of the Website or reliance on the data transmitted using the Website. The SG is not liable for any loss of profit, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, delict or otherwise arising out of use of the Website.
Use of Website
- You will not:-
- Use this Website in a manner which causes or may cause an infringement of the rights of any other party.
- Use any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of the Website, including but not limited to uploading or making available files which contain corrupt data or viruses by whatever means.
- Deface, alter or interfere with the Website or the underlying software code.
- Take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website. Without prejudice to any other rights available to it, the SG reserves the right to deny you access to the Website where the SG (in its absolute discretion) believes that you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Changes to this Website
- The SG may make improvements or changes to the information, services, products and other materials on Website, or terminate the Website, at any time without notice. The SG may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, and such modification will be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions on the Website. Accordingly, your continued access or use of this Website is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions contain all the terms of your agreement with the SG relating to your use of the Website. Your use of the Website, any downloaded material from it and the operation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland and you agree to submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.